Learning Grid Autumn 2021
Here are some documents linked to the curriculum and progression of skills in Year 1
Read Write Inc. curriculum matching
In Redlands, we are following Whiterose Scheme of work.
Below is an overview of what we are covering weekly throughout the year in Year 1.
Maths activities to support child's learning
- Counting forwards and backwards from 0 to 100
- Writing numbers from 0 to 100
- Partitioning 2 digit numbers into tens and ones using drawings or denies blocks
- Rolling 2 dice and adding the numbers together
- Creaing number cards and matching 2 numbers that make 10 or 20.
- Check out a range of online activities on out LearnAnywhere page.
Reading Spine for Year 1
In Year 1, we teach daily phoincs sessions in order support a childs reading and writing.
The documents below show the different graphemes that your child with learn across their time in Year 1. Also, a list of common exception words that children will learn to read and write.
See documents below to see what children learn whilst in Year 1.