REDLANDS PRIMARY SCHOOL EQUALITY OBJECTIVES 2017 – 2021
As a school Redlands promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through appropriate curricular opportunities and additional support where appropriate, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
We also specifically aim to:
- Narrow the gap in performance of disadvantaged pupils and their peers;
- Improve the progress and attainment of identified ethnic groups;
- Achieve greater consistency in the progress of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND);
- Improve the attendance of disadvantaged pupils and Asian Pakistani pupils;
- Anticipate the needs of the increasing numbers of pupils joining the school from a range of ethnicities and from disadvantaged backgrounds;
- Raise the profile of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths) subjects, with an emphasis on girls’ engagement.